Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's a Birthday!

Today is Lane's 6th Birthday! It is a big step in the birthday journey, as he is not just one whole hand old but has moved on to the second! I think back over the last 6 years and am in awe of the young boy he is turning into. Lord knows he has his share of struggles as my child and I as his parent. Yet, the love that we give each other each day is something that can't be measured in quantities or or amounts. The level of my love for him is deeper, more profound than any love I have ever experienced before. That moment, 6 years ago, holding him for the first time...it was love. Pure, effortless love.

Each year, his excitement for his birthday has grown. He knows the day is centered around him (something he loves) He knows people need to bring presents and that he gets to eat his fill of cake. This day is his bliss! We are in the works for a major shindig tomorrow. Mario Brothers is the theme! We have cups, we have napkins, we have plates, we even have stick on fake mustaches. Who can have a Mario Brothers party without the mustaches?!
I know Lane can't wait until his party and honestly, I can't wait either!

I leave today saying Happy Birthday to my babydoll. I love him to the moon and back and more than all the stars in the sky. My life is blessed in more ways than I could have ever imagined all because he was brought into it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment