Friday, April 29, 2011

station wagon memories

It's funny how life's memories pop into our heads at the least expected times of our lives. It's like they are friendly reminders of where we came from. Yesterday was my day for a trip down memory lane. With the hopes of today's weather FINALLY being normal, I found myself being transported back in time to the days when my family and I would pile into my mom's old station wagon. The ones with the way way back..you know where the seat faces the opposite direction. Dad would always roll down the window creating a funnel of wind. My brother and I would laugh as our hair blew this way and that, struggling to hear each other over the breeze and our giggles. My sister would sit in the back seat, annoyed at our squirming. Though, I suspect she secretly loved these times too. Mom and Dad would be up front, navigating the way. We would tell jokes and stories, filling the car with laughter. I think the best part was that we had no where in particular to go. We just drove. Though I must note the one trip we took where my brother and I were in the back seat just enjoying the ride when he suddenly tapped me on my shoulder making weird hand gestures. Me being me, I thought he was playing some sort of game. NOPE! He then proceeded to throw up all over the backseat. Awesome!

Those are the moments (excluding Dave's vomit episode) that are etched in my memory making me love and appreciate my family even more. I can't wait until Lane is grown and has memories of his own(hopefully good ones!)

No comments:

Post a Comment