Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Singin' kiddos=lots of laughs

Last night was Lane's very first school program. It was my first real school function where I was mom, gawking at my kiddo! Lane was excited to sing and I was excited to gawk :) It too, was Dave's first parenting function. He was a bit overwhelmed to say the least. Kids from k-2nd grade all in one room. Noise. LOTS OF NOISE met us as we entered the auditorium. We quickly got our kiddo situated with his class and rushed to find a seat. I was so stinkin' excited that I could hardly contain myself! My boy is growing up and he's growing into a mighty fine boy at that!

The show began with the kindergartners. WHOLLY CUTENESS! Our Bubba was front and center in the front row! I was a proud mama bear! He was trying so hard to keep his cool, to not let us see him smile. You know how it goes, kids can't show their love for their parents in front of the other kids. It's that kid code that can't be broken. We did, however, get a slight wave of recognition. Guess we will take what we can get!

The show went on without a hitch. I even found myself singing along to The Muffin Man, Miss Mary Mac and Skip to My Lou. Oh the memories of childhood! I loved every moment of it and can't wait for more to come!

On a side note...since Lane has so many nicknames, he has decided to change his name to
Lane Bubba Tater Chowderhead Tuve. Just an FYI if anyone sees him soon! :)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment