Thursday, April 21, 2011

Post Vaca blues

Yep, I got 'em. I have the post vaca blues :( BOO! I am missing Boston today. I am missing the sounds, the hussle, the scenery, missing it all. I have to say that this trip is by far at the top of my vacation list. When I woke up to Boston around me, I felt amazing. (We will get to the journey that it took to GET to Boston at another time). Just being there you feel like you are kind of lost in time, back in history. The brick streets and sidewalks added to the feel. The city is filled with little narrow streets, holding so much history within them. As Dave and I walked one afternoon under the sky's drizzle, I couldn't help but think of how many generations of people have walked on these same bricks. I was fascinated.

That afternoon, we made a stop at the Green Dragon Tavern . It was found on one of those tiny little streets, brimming with history. History it definitely had! As it was the building where the Boston Tea Party was formed! REALLY?! I sat there for a second, with my Blue Moon in hand, thinking how incredibly insane that was! The bartender proceeded to tell us that the building next door was owned by John Hancock! WOW. I have never been the history buff, but found myself want to know more about the city and the stories that it had to tell.

It was definitely hard to leave Beantown and I can not wait to go back! I know I will need some cannoli's and some amazing food in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment