Friday, June 10, 2011

1 afternoon down, 24 days to go...

Lane is off on his big adventure to DC. Mommy and Dave are at home in the quiet. We miss our boy already! It was hard not to give in to the temptation of calling to check in. Yes, I am that mom who calls all the time. This probably does more harm than good, as I constantly remind my child that I am sad he is gone. I told him yesterday that I would miss him terribly. In such a matter of fact way he answered, "Mom, I have to go see my dad." Since when did he get so mature and grown up about the situation?! His nonchalant attitude forced me to buck up and keep the tears at bay.

I know he will have a great time doing so many fun things. Dave and I will also enjoy some alone time which is definitely always a plus. Though we will all be keeping busy, we will still have the void of our Bubba. No countless questions on a trip, no singing from the back seat, no cuddles in the morning (those are my favorite). Oh well, such is life, right? I have to be a big girl and share!

This weekend Dave and I are going to the winery where our wedding will take place. We are super excited for our little trip away! Beautiful scenery, wine and my guy. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment