Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Preparation

The preparation has begun. Lane leaves in 3 days for DC. The whole preparation part...yeah it has all been in my head. Inside, I am trying not to freak out while I keep the cool, calm and collected mom demeanor on the outside. My baby is going to be gone until July 5th! This trip is hands down the LONGEST he has EVER been away from me. So many people tell me that it will be a good break for me, a time for Dave and I to get some one on one time together. Yes, I need a break and Dave and I love our alone time, BUT 20 something days without my boy!?!?!? Are you kiddin' me?!?!?! There will be no snuggies, no hugs or kisses, no silly jokes that only Lane can tell, the list can go on forever :( I know I am probably sounding super childish and selfish as Lane needs to spend time with his dad and other family. Yet, I still want him here. With me. ALWAYS!

I have a feeling I will leave packing until the last minute, prolonging the inevitable as long as possible. Maybe if I deny it, it won't happen? Dave and I are taking him to lunch on Thursday as our goodbye to him. Then he is off and it will then go from 3 to 2. We will come home to a quiet house with no toys scattered across the living room. Maybe I will turn on Special Agent Oso in the mornings just to keep things familiar!

I can guarantee that many phone calls will be had and this mama will be thinking about her kiddo constantly! I can do this, right?

1 comment:

  1. Summer time brings this same scenario for me and mine too. :( I try not to dwell and make lists of things I can do that I normally wouldn't if the kids were there. You can do this. :)

    ReplyDelete