Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Missing Bubba Blues

Today it has been 12 days since I have seen my little man. Going a bit batty! Luckily, I have gotten to talk to him daily. This is something that he requested and I secretly loved hearing. Even though he is away, he still wants to talk to his mama! So far so good for him with his Dad. They haven't had to deal with the struggles that we face here on the home front. I have to admit, there are times that it bothers me that he doesn't have to experience the obstacles that Dave and I face on a daily basis, yet I am happy that Lane is enjoying his time away. BUT...there is a little mama feeling a bit blue that her baby is having a ton of fun without her :( boo. Yes, this is my baby time. I am feeling slightly sorry for myself in his absence. I am longing for his hug and to see his smile. Dave and I talk about him daily and think about how much Lane would enjoy this or that and become a bit sad because he is missing it. We are making plans for his return, making sure that we too get to create some great summer memories for him. We are contemplating a trip to Chicago and Adventureland. Weekend pool stops are a must. Dinner with friends, playdates, etc...

I miss my babydoll. 13 days and counting until his return!

No comments:

Post a Comment