Friday, January 6, 2012

First comes marriage, then.......

Well, it seems that 2011 got away from me. Within the chaos so did my blog :( Boo. BUT.....I am really wanting/needing to get back on the writing wagon. My fingers and my mind miss it. It is so hard to believe that a new year has already begun as I am still trying to wrap my head around all of the changes from the previous one. I can't tell ya how excited I am for 2012! Dave and I are starting the new chapter of parenthood. This will be Dave's first ride in the parenting saddle while I feel like I need a BIG refresher course as it has been almost 7 years since my last rodeo. Hope it's like riding a bike and once I start it all comes back to me! Lane is ubber excited about the little one too. It makes me smile inside when he talks to my belly in hopes that Baby T. will hear him. Man that boy has a good heart and I can't wait to see it grow when he becomes a big brother.

Everything is so completely different this time around. Up until 2 weeks ago, I felt like death 90% of the time and was ready for bed almost the moment I woke up. Thankfully, I have overcome that hurdle and am feeling human again! We are 14 weeks down 26 to go. This go around, I am also finding myself so much more protective of the whole experience. When Lane was born, I was just a young buck of 23. I remember telling anyone and everyone about my pregnancy from the get go. This time, I have been much more guarded. Making sure I hit the milestones ensuring that everything is okay. I have wanted to be a mom x2 for so long. Yet, before Dave I thought my chances were slim. Growing up with 2 older siblings, I have longed to give Lane another. I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to do so.

Sometimes life can be filled with so much "stuff" that people lose track of what's important .This little one has brought me back to reality. It is making me look at myself as a mom, wife, friend, daughter, sister, etc... I hold all of these titles in my life and am so thankful for each and every one of them. The people on the other side of these relationships have helped mold me into who I am today and for that, I am so thankful. I can't wait for Baby T. to meet so many of them and start the molding process of their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment