Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Got Prayer?

Do you pray? It's ok if you don't. I know not everyone holds the same beliefs. I guess I just ask you this...Do you ever "talk" to God, the clouds, something...asking for help, clarification, peace? It seems like most people I know go to this place during certain times in their lives. I find myself asking God frequently for patience, understanding and wisdom during times when I am lacking. I internally thank Him for my happiness and cry to Him in times of sorrow. He always listens. Never judges. Always loves... The amount of love poured out by Him each day is unmeasurable. With all the love my heart has to give doesn't even come close to his. He IS love. How awesome is it to know that no matter what you have done, no matter the mistakes you have made. He LOVES you, unconditionally. Wow, is that a gift or what?!

Recently, I have had the chance to take my prayer time with Him to a new level. I, for the first time, prayed with Dave. This was something that didn't come easily for me as my prayer time has up until now, been my time alone with God. I admit, it was uncomfortable to be vocalizing my requests to Jesus. Having someone else hear my pleas. Yet, in a way, it was comforting to hear my spouse make his own requests. Asking God to watch over us. In those few short minutes, I think we both knew that God was hearing what our hearts were offering.

This week, I have one simple request. Take a moment out of your day to Sit. Reflect. Listen. You will be amazed at the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment