Monday, May 2, 2011

America the Beautiful

I'm sure most of you have heard by now, the news of U.S military forces capturing and killing the #1 sought after terrorist, Osama Bin Laden. Last night I was stirred from my sleep as the news broke into normal programming. The idea that we actually, after almost 10 years, caught him was unimaginable. I think all of us can recall where we were on September 11, 2001. I was living at my parents house, getting ready for work when I heard Katie Couric state that a plane had just crashed into the World Trade Center. I think many Americans were in a sense of shock, unable to grasp the seriousness of the situation. The day played out like a bad dream. No matter how badly we tried, we couldn't wake up to our previous reality. A reality that, from that day forward, would no longer be.

Today, with the news of Bin Laden's demise, we again will begin a new reality. Though the change will be slow, I think that we have gained back some of our swagger. America truly is a country like none other. Our pride and passion for our country shines from every city. It is on historic days like today, that we are reminded how incredibly lucky we are to live in a country that fights for what is right.

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment