Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Love is in the air!

Today is my mom and step-dad's anniversary. Normally, I am remarkable with dates, times, etc, but for the life of me, today I can not remember if it is 14 or 15 years of wedded bliss.! Oh well, which ever year it is, they are happy and in love!

I remember the day that my mom introduced me to Beano (that's my nickname for him). He took us to a local restaurant back home and introduced me to fried ice cream. From then on, he was A-ok in my book! In all seriousness though, I could see just in that meeting that he treated my mom in a way that I had never before seen a man treat a woman. He had the utmost respect for her and it seemed to pour out of him. I could tell by the look in his eye that he was a sincere and honest man. He treated her right and that was all I could ask for. As for mom, she was smitten like a kitten for him. It was so nice to see her happy. Being loved the way she was suppose to be loved.

Throughout the years, they have grown even more in love. They truly are each others best friends and companions. Bob has been my mom's rock throughout all of her health struggles. He is constantly there with her, no matter what.

Their relationship is something that I strive to replicate with Dave. I do see that same look in Dave's eye. I know he loves me with all of his heart. We have our struggles, yet, each one ends up bringing us closer together as a couple. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment