Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memories Made

The extended weekend was bliss, to say the least! Saturday was filled with shopping and gossip as Teresa and I took a girls day trip that included tons of shopping, eating and several adult beverages. LOL! We both made out like bandits in the shopping department! So I am now officially claiming that I am DONE shopping!!! D O N E!!! After returning, Dave, Lane and I enjoyed the evening playing outside, enjoying each other. LOVED it. Sunday was another lazy day. I made pancakes for breakfast and we all lounged around. It is rare when we have the opportunity to do nothing. At times, it is nice not having a schedule. No where to be, nothing pressing to be done.

Yesterday we ventured out for a family bike ride. It would have been perfect if we didn't have to combat the wind gusts pushing us to and fro. Poor Lane had to pedal his heart out in order to remain upright! Even with the wind, it was a memory made in his little mind. He talked about it all the way home. Stating that it was the "best day ever". This made me smile. The little things that we do that children love. Wrestling, tickling, snuggling, hugs...these are things both he and I love. All of them being stored in the back of his head and retrieved at unexpected times, sparking a fun conversation or a simple smile. I love his smile. It's contagious.

I love that kiddo and my mister so much. They are IT for me. I sat and watched them walking through the creek behind our house. Lane's face filled with cautious excitement while he followed Dave. They really are two peas in a pod. I'm ok with sitting on the sidelines watching them be.

No comments:

Post a Comment