Thursday, May 26, 2011

Top Notch Teachers

Throughout the school year I have found myself in amazement of teachers and staff that have touched Lane this year. I have spoken many times of the endless support and encouragement of his teacher. Last night, Dave and I were talking about her and how lucky Lane is to have someone like her as his first experience with school. She has constantly been patient, kind and encouraging. She is able to see Lane for who he really is. She looks past his struggles and knows that he is a sweet, intelligent boy. I am so thankful for her presence throughout the year. The benefit to Lane has been unmeasurable.

Yesterday was yet another example of going beyond their call of duty. His teacher emailed me after school to tell me about a paraeducator who has also been following Lane throughout the year. She sees him at recess and often drops in to see how he is doing throughout the day. Well, yesterday she decided to surprise Lane with a happy meal lunch from McDonald's to reward him for his great improvements. Seriously, this almost brought a tear to my eye. I sat with my jaw dropped, in awe of someone who thinks of my son in that manner. She too believes in him.

It gives me chills knowing that he has had such an amazing foundation to start his school career. I hope that he remembers these things. I hope that when he is feeling down or frustrated. He will know that there are people in his corner cheering him on, pushing him to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment