Thursday, March 24, 2011

The flu bug bites

Oh what a day!! Yesterday definitely takes the cake as my most disgusting parenting moment to date. Yesterday morning as I was getting out of the shower, Lane ran to me proclaiming that he "throwed up in his bed 3 times" I naturally thought that the deed had just been done, but was quickly educated by him, that this deed had in fact been done overnight. Meaning, he slept in his ICK all night long!!! (insert gagging reflex here) Oh geeze, I am suppose to be the parent, but now I have to try to hold myself together all while cleaning up ICK and dealing with him. The ICK had to wait as I heard new sounds coming from the bathroom.

The poor kiddo was curled over the 'loo tossing his cookies like a pro. I stood behind him, rubbing his back, trying to calm him the best I could. In a quick break from the action, he told me his knees were shaking, so I quickly got him to kneel and that seemed to help a bit (I can't help but remember that I was in that exact position many times in my college days). Once that episode was over, it then moved to the other end...I practically pulled him off the ground in order to make his booty sit down as quickly as I could. I don't think I could have handled cleaning up 2 kinds of ICK in one day!

Luckily, he only had one more puking session after that. Though his bottom end was a different story. Before he would have to "go" he would grab his belly and get a look on his face saying, "oh S%#^!" (no pun intended) We would both scurry to the bathroom just in time. I felt so bad for him, watching him in such discomfort, knowing there wasn't a damn thing I could do to make it better.

Our day was filled with snuggles, pedialite and the BRAT diet. I would like to say that it my magical snuggles that made the ICK stop around 1:00, but I am sure the pedialite and bland food played a much bigger role!

Now here's hoping that the ICK doesn't make a move onto me or Dave. Now that we're engaged, doesn't mean I have to clean up his ICK too, does it???

*I am coming to the realization that many of my posts pertain to Lane and the bathroom. Thinkin' I should get some new material!*

1 comment: