Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Simple blessings

After writing yesterday's blog, I was so incredibly humbled and felt so loved for all of the amazing comments that my friends and family left in support for mine and Dave's decision regarding Lane and medication. Knowing that people are in our corner lifts us up, elevating us to new levels in parenting. It makes me, as a mom, feel that I am doing what is right for my child. It makes me feel that other parents think I am doing a good job. Though we shouldn't care what others think or feel about us, the truth is that we all do. Knowing that other people think I am a good mom brings smiles to my lips and fuzzies inside.

I realize that I am surrounded by the most amazing people. People who are just a phone call away when I need words of encouragement. Their arms are open when I need a hug. Ears are perked when I need to vent. I am so in awe of these people that God has blessed me with.

It is so easy to focus on the negative (something I greatly tend to do) but then when I stop and look around, I know that I have so much more than I give myself credit for. I have girlfriends that are irreplaceable, parents who have always pushed me to succeed and knew I wouldn't stop until I reached my goal, a fiance who amazes me daily on the amount of love he has for me. A son that words can not even begin to express the happiness he brings me. 2 great siblings, who again, are always in my corner.

This year has brought with it many struggles. Yet, as I look back, I know I have never been alone. Not even for a moment. I have had an amazing God leading me through and amazing companions by my side. Wow. How lucky am I?! How lucky are we all to have these simple blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment