Wednesday, March 2, 2011

School conference recap

Last night Lane had his second set of school conferences. As a parent, I am still adjusting to this part of the job. It is so surreal to me to be sitting there, in those tiny seats, talking about Lane's progress. I can't believe that I have a child half way done with his kindergarten experience! :( Thankfully though, the meeting went well! Lane is doing great on many levels, yet still needs some work on his writing. To him, that stuff is boring. Little does he know, that we will now be implementing a nightly writing routine to get him caught up! This whole education business is big stuff in my house. School will always be numero UNO! Growing up, this wasn't a problem for me, but I did see my siblings get privileges and beloved possessions get taken away quite frequently for their lack of learning. I am not opposed to do the same with my kid(s). Even at his young age, I am trying to teach Lane that the most important quality he can posses is knowledge. The boy is smarter than he realizes but needs to learn to apply himself in order to reach his full potential. With his mama constantly looking over his shoulder, hopefully he will learn quickly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment