Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Please pass the TP

When I get frustrated, I bite my nails. I started today off with long ones, and am now down to stubs. Why?? Let me tell you why...

As I was leaving daycare this morning a mom stops me and says that her child was hit by Lane. I proceeded to apologize to her for his behavior if he indeed hit them and assured her that hitting has been something that Lane has made vast improvements on in past months (case in point...he has gone from receiving approximately 19 incident reports in a week to MAYBE 1 a month!) BIG IMPROVEMENT!!! She agreed with me there and said that she too could tell a difference...then proceeded to tell me that if Lane hit her child again, she would call the board of directors on him. At first I was taken aback and didn't say much and before I knew it, the conversation was over.

Back in my car, my frustrations began to grow. First of all, names are not written on incident reports, so she is asking her child, and I am sure they are saying Lane's name. BUT there is no way of knowing if her child is telling the truth (I have to say, that she is one of those mom's who thinks her poop don't stink, ya know what I mean?). My mama claws began to come out and I called daycare to get the low down on the situation. They said that she had spoken to them and they can't be positive that it is Lane who hit her child. The lady also said "they ARE schoolagers and it happens." Exactly, it HAPPENS!! Also, who is to say that her child didn't provoke the situation?

Now, I know better than anyone how Lane can be, but in my heart of hearts, I know that he is not a bad kid and has worked tremendously hard to improve his behavior. I really wish I was the confrontational type, because after she left, I felt bad for not sticking up more for my child. Does Lane mess up from time to time? Absolutely, but in some cases I can guarantee that it is not completely his fault. I feel that he has more than proved himself in his actions. Luckily, the folks at daycare have too seen the improvement in him and know that we are taking continued steps to make that improvement grow even more. *sigh*

The sarcastic side of me wants to take her some TP and tell her to stop and take a whiff, but I will politely wait and let the appropriate people handle the situation. :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay- So know that I'm a blog stalker! I was looking through random blogs and found this blog- began reading and put two and two together. I read this post and am still mad that this happened. Know that all of us at daycare LOVE Lane and you! That other mom needs some of that TP:)
    -Amanda S.

    ReplyDelete