Friday, March 4, 2011

Lucky Girl

Since I have shared the news of my engagement to Dave, I thought it would be relevant to tell you a little bit more about the guy who has my heart. Dave and I met 2 years ago when he came to where I work and interviewed for a position. From the get go, I thought he was attractive (he says the same about me!) but thought he was out of my league. He seemed very professional and quiet. Me..I'm professional, but quiet is not something I possess! When around him, I found myself trying to talk to him about anything and everything. When he would walk away I would sit and cower my head as I replayed the conversation, realizing that I sounded like a complete idiot! I was so nervous around him and would constantly stumble my words, making relatively no sense at all! We went on this way for well over a year, until I became interested in the whole running thing. Before we knew it, we were running together, talking about everything under the sun. I was surprised at the amount we had in common. He made me laugh and gave me so much encouragement throughout my running struggles.

Almost a year ago, he FINALLY made the first move!! I had recently moved into a new apartment, which happened to be across the street from his condo. I innocently texted him one evening asking how a cooking class was going that he was taking with his mom. He later texted back stating that he had wine if I had glasses...come on now, it was TOTALLY obvious! So we sat and talked over wine and have been together ever since! :)

We have definitely had our share of struggles but have learned so much about each other and our relationship each time. It is crazy that I get to be with someone who respects and loves me no matter what. Coming from past relationships, I honestly thought that this kind of love wasn't in the cards for a girl like me. I pictured Lane and myself living our life. Now, we get the great addition of a man who loves us both!

1 comment:

  1. If anybody is interested in the TRUTH...feel free to contact me! She was totally making the first move LONG before I mentioned I had wine. I mean...c'mon who moves in ACROSS the street just by chance? Who all of a sudden decides they are going to run a marathon out of the blue?

    Face it Sarah...we were meant to be together you just knew that LONG before I did!

    Love You!

    ReplyDelete