Monday, December 13, 2010

Boys will be boys

For those readers who know me, know that I am a girly-girl in every aspect of my life. I am almost always put together and absolutely HATE being dirty! So, you can bet that my girliness has been put to the test several times since I have welcomed my blue colored bundle of joy, 5 1/2 years ago! From the get go, Lane has been all about pooping, burping and tooting. If it stinks, he loves it!  His most current fascination is that of tooting. Now, I know this is something that everyone does. But come on, is it REALLY that funny? Maybe it's just a gender thing and I should succumb to the fact that boys like stink. 

Aside from the stink factor, I also have people haggling me for my particular ways. In my world stains are not allowed.  If they happen, the clothes magically disappear. Holes in jeans are also a no-no. Drives me crazy! I've been told that patches work wonders, but my OCD can't stand the idea. So, until I am able to let my control go, we will continue to frequent our local department stores.  I guess my way of thinking is that Lane is a reflection on me. If he looks bad then I feel that people could look bad on me as a parent. I know a little Kool-Aid stain doesn't mean I am the world's worst mom, but I feel that I have a duty as a parent to have my child begin each day by putting his best foot forward.

Now, I am in no way saying that I never allow Lane to get dirty. I simply think there is a time and place for it. AND, if playing in the dirt is part of that days activities, then I need to be told in advance so that I can prepare!(I need to prepare myself for anxiety as well as get Lane some old clothes) Please tell me that other people reading this have some of the same views...it would make me feel better!

2 comments:

  1. just a warning..you may have to mentally prepare yourself with the possibility that he'll never grow out of laughing at "tooting". Some of us never get past that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son loves to say *poop* I hate that word. I've found that if I give no reaction whatsoever to him saying it...he stops saying it a lot faster than if I scold him or tell him its gross.

    ReplyDelete