Monday, December 20, 2010

Just call me Betty Crocker

My weekend was spent in the kitchen baking all of my holiday goodies! (I think I could have given Paula Dean a run for her money with the amount of butter that was used!) I absolutely LOVE this time of year and I LOVE making these memories with Lane! This year he actually agreed to help me in the process rather than just waiting until the end to eat the goods. He very diligently unwrapped all of the Hershey Kisses and then poured in some chocolate chips. He wasn't so much into the measuring and mixing, but hey, he's 5! For his efforts though, he was the designated taster. He got to try one of each type of goodie. Out of the 4 different types of cookies, scotcharoos, Ritz crackers with peanut butter dipped in chocolate, and pumpkin balls, I think the pumpkin balls were his favorite. Although, I did get a thumbs up for all :) The boy likes sweets, just like his mama!

I am so excited for this week! 4 days of work then 3 days off to celebrate! Lane is so excited for Santa (Yes, it does appear that he will be making an appearance after all). He is sure ready for Christmas to be over because he is counting down the days that are left for him to "be good" so he gets his DS.  I am hoping to be able to pry him away from it long enough to do our other Christmas tradition of chocolate chip pancakes and hot cocoa on Christmas morning!  It will be him, Dave and me lounging around in our jammies, just enjoying each other. What could be better!?  What are some traditions that you and your family do for the holiday? I would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment