Saturday, December 25, 2010

Santa Claus and smoke detectors

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a great day with family and friends. Well, Santa did indeed make an appearance at the Tuve/Thompson household. No matter how hard I tried, I knew that Lane would indeed get his beloved DS. Last night after he left his cookies, milk and box of macaroni 'n cheese, Santa gifts arrived. This morning before Lane got up, Dave ran to the living room to record the moment of joy. Maybe we were expecting too much, 'cause he came out, smiled a bit, then acted as if he knew the whole time that Santa and his gifts would be arriving on Christmas morning! I was mildly disappointed as I think I was hoping for the next youtube sensation.

Though Lane's morning didn't begin until 7am, ours started a bit earlier when our smoke detector's battery decided to take a dive and we were left with a BEEP every few minutes or so. The detector has since been removed and is beeping away in the cupboard in the laundry room. Of all the days to die, it HAD to pick one of the very few mornings that weren't required to begin at 5:15! GRRRR!

After presents, we moved on to our tradition of chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Lane had his fill of cakes and as he calls it, warm chocolate. It was a great morning of quality family time. Lane and Dave set up Lane's new race track. The purpose for this was primarily for Dave's entertainment only. I do quite possibly believe that the racetrack was more for his enjoyment than Lane's! As they watched 2 cars spin around a track, I was able to relax with my coffee and catch up on some of my guilty pleasure, "Real Housewives of New Jersey"! Yes, I know, it is probably not the most festive program to watch on Christmas morning, but come on, who doesn't laugh?!

Our day couldn't have been better. We spent it relaxing and laughing with family. Something that we don't get the chance to do nearly enough. I think we all ate as if we wouldn't eat again for days, and then decided to go back for more just because it was there.

Tonight Lane left to spend a week with his dad. I have to say that is the only thing that put a damper on our day. Though he needs to have quality dad time too, Dave and I miss our nightly cuddle time with our little guy. :(

Just a few things I learned this Christmas...

1. Check your smoke detectors and check them often.
2. Watching kids at Christmas is an irreplaceable memory
3. Dave is a really good gift giver. An amazingly beautiful diamond bracelet now belongs to me :)
4. It never fails that my mom will cry over a gift that she receives.
5. I am a pretty darn lucky girl to have so many great people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment