Monday, December 6, 2010

The Family Jewels

Today after work, I go to daycare to pick up Lane. Once inside, I noticed that he was walking a little awkward. When he walked, he said ouch several times.  After gathering his things, we headed to the car where I proceeded to ask him why he was walking so funny and what was hurting him.  He looked up at my and said, "Mom, today Dylan kicked me in the privates, and it hurt really bad." I of course start going over the questions listed in the Mother's Guide that all mother's get after labor (you know the one. It gives you all of the answers regarding your kids and their needs and how to figure everything out). When did it happen? How much did it hurt? Can he go potty? All off the essentials were covered.

Once in the car, I tried to change subjects to his day in general. As he answered, he was breathing really hard. I asked him why, and he said "because my weenie hurts real bad!" I asked him if he cried when it happened and he said, "Yeah, I cried really loud." Poor kid!  Then I asked him if he fell on the ground (as this is what I see adult men do if they happen to get injured down there). Thankfully that answer was no, so it sounds like he took it "like a man" as they say! Though it didn't bring him to his knees, there I sat, unsure of what to do next. We proceeded to our destination and then walked straight to the bathroom where I had to examine the injury. What exactly I was looking for, I'm not sure.  Well, thankfully all things looked as "normal" as I could tell, as I am not an expert on that anatomy!

Once home, I made sure nothing was abnormal when going potty, and thankfully all was well. He complained of a slight discomfort, but didn't seem to have trouble with the action.  Phew! Now I will just have to watch it and make sure he continues to be able to go normally and all should be good!

Once Dave got home, Lane had to tell him about his escapade at school, including a show and tell session!  I had to sit and chuckle as Dave hasn't had to do any of the parenting "stuff" pertaining to body parts yet!  Who better to look at it than someone who knows what to look for?! Dave gave him the all clear and as of now he seems to be back to his crazy self! Thank goodness!

I guess I should feel relieved that Lane survived his first boy injury and be happy that I can still have grandchildren someday down the road. :)  Oh the joys of mommyhood!

1 comment: