Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's Christmas time! We are surrounded by lights, trees, music and cheer! We get in the mode of preparing our houses for family and friends. Making sure everything looks just right. Some people dare to go to great lengths in order to purchase the perfect gift. Standing in line for what seems like hours just to see the look on the reciepants face as they open their present. I love Christmas just as much as the next guy, but I am trying to teach Lane that the day is so much more than presents and Santa. Yesterday on our drive home, I asked him what he was most excited for about Christmas. He replied with great excitment that he was excited for presents of course! Just like most children, he can't wait to see what awaits him under the tree!  Though I too can't wait to see his face, I think it is important to let him know the true meaning of the holiday, that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus. I told him that it was a time to celebrate him and to be thankful for all that we have becasuse of him.  After my brief, kid friendly explanation, it seemed to sink in at least a little bit. Shortly after, he came back to normal and asked if he is getting his Nintendo DS! I guess this lesson will be a work in progress! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment