Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa Claus is coming to town! Well, maybe...

Before I dive into the whole idea of my title to this post, it is essential to give some back story.  For several months, Lane has been having a really hard time listening as well as keeping his hand, feet and saliva to himself. Almost daily, I would pick him up from daycare and have an incident report waiting for me to sign. It seemed like no matter what I would do for discipline, nothing would work. He would still continue to hit! So, in desperation I thought of a plan to try to get him to stay on good behavior. The day before Thanksgiving, he received a letter in the mail from the North Pole. The letter went as follows:
 
      Dear Lane,
        Hello from the North Pole! Christmas time is coming and I am busy checking my NAUGHTY and NICE list before I pack my sleigh.  As I was going through my list, your name has appeared several times on the NAUGHTY side.  My elves have told me that you have been having trouble with hitting, as well as keeping a good attitude towards your parents and teachers.  I know that you are a good boy, Lane.  It would sadden me greatly if I were not able to visit you on Christmas Eve and bring you your presents.  But I must tell you that Rudolph and the other reindeer will have to pass by your house if you continue to stay on the NAUGHTY side. Do your best to keep your hands to yourself and to listen to those in charge.  I hope that when I check my list again just before Christmas, your name will appear on the NICE side.  I know you can do it!!!
                                                                                                         Love, 
                                                                                                         Santa

Desperate times call for desperate measures, so the ammo was in place. Now all he had to do was take the bait.  Let me tell you, he did NOT like hearing from the man in red!  Though he wasn't happy with the letter, it has seemed to work, at least a little!  He has caught himself when beginning to act inappropriately, and makes sure to tell Santa when he is being a good boy.  We still have some bad days, but overall, I am happy!  13 days until Christmas...will Mr. Claus be making an appearance???  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. LMAO!! Very nicely written and that Santa sure does write nice letters! Very clever..... Let's see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah, that's an ingenious idea! I would definitely think that will help motivate him to behave (at least until Christmas)...afterwords, who knows. I guess you'll have to wait and see..

    ReplyDelete