Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Withdrawl

Is it possible to be addicted to your kids? If so, I think there needs to be a patch invented for the parents who have to share their children with an ex spouse. I haven't seen Lane since 5:30 on the 25th and am starting to go a bit loony. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely loved the alone time with Dave this week. We went on a shopping trip this weekend, followed by a great dinner and overnight stay out of town. Last night was dinner with friends, which was filled with laughter and great conversation. But... every night when I go to bed, I look into Lane's empty room and miss him so much my heart hurts. We have a routine that we do every morning where I climb into his bed for a few minutes of snuggle time before the day begins. There is no better feeling than having him burrow his body next to mine and sling his arm sleepily around my neck. I miss his laugh, his smile, his smell. I miss all of him.

I am lucky enough to be able to talk to him each night, which helps greatly. It is so nice to hear his voice and for him to tell me that he loves and misses me. I can't wait until Sunday when he finally gets home! I am thinking a long cuddle session is in order. But wait, I am sure I will need to compete with all of the new toys! Oh well, as long as I have him home and can peek in on him, I will be just fine!

1 comment:

  1. I swear we go through the same thought lines each day! Ahead of time I try to mentally prepare for my kiddos' absence by filling the days with fun activities that I can't do with all of them with me....but I always end up missing them so much that its hard to enjoy everything I've planned to the fullest. The life of a momma. :)

    ReplyDelete