Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Date night with Dave

Last night Lane was picked up from school by his Aunt for some quality time with her and his Grandma, which left the perfect opportunity for a date night with my honey. It is so nice to be able to break up the week with a night out by ourselves. Don't get me wrong, we LOVE having the little guy with us for dinner, either at home or out. BUT, the adult time is nice too!

Dave chose the destination, Ferrari's. YUM-O. Lucky for us, they were pretty dead on a Tuesday night so we got right in. I have to admit though, that I was slightly nervous to dine out since I have been really trying to watch the calories and food intake. I took the advice from a fellow blogger and have started writing down everything that I eat in a day and the approximate # of calories each food has. Did you know that a banana is 107 calories?! I was seriously heartbroken when I learned this, as bananas are my FAVORITE fruit! :( Ok, back on track...I was in luck with dinner 'cause they had an appetizing light menu for all of the health conscious people in the Cedar Valley. So, lemon sauteed shrimp with brown rice and asparagus was consumed. Surprisingly, it was quite tasty. However, I did miss the yumminess of the butter dripping off of the shrimp I usually eat. I also succeed in saying NO to the bread basket. This, is an absolute first for me. I did not partake in the yummy goodness of Italian breads dipped in olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Dave had some pasta/seafood medley, which wasn't quite my cup of tea. We spent an hour or so enjoying each others company over a bottle of wine and our tasty dishes. Then it was back home to wait for Lane.

Family Wii fun was had before getting Lane to bed. It was a great night with my boys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment