Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fellow blogger gives inspiration

Since starting my blog, I have been following another by a gal named Stephanie Nielson. She is a mom of 4 living in Utah with her husband and family. However, this woman fascinates me beyond belief. In 2008, she and her husband were involved in a plane crash that left both of them severely injured. Both survived, but Stephanie was left with 80% of her body burned. The way that she has handled herself and her circumstances since the accident leave me in complete awe of her. She inspires me each day with her simple, yet heartfelt posts. This woman has gone through so much, yet manages to see the good rather than focusing on the negative.

When life gets me down, all I have to do is remember that things could always be worse. I need to remember to focus on the positives. I think I have a piece of a Negative Nelly molded into my DNA, but I am really trying to concentrate on changing my perspective of situations and focus on the GOOD that can come out of any situation. I am learning that things are not always meant to have a happy ending or come out the way that I expect them to. It is then that I need to take a breath and realize that everything will still be ok...

If any of you are interested in following Stephanie's blog, you can do so! Here's her link! http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment