Saturday, January 1, 2011

Home at Last

Lane is home! It is as if the clouds have parted and the angels are singing! I was so excited that I grew teary-eyed as I gave him his hello hug. It seems that as he gets older, it grows harder for me to be away from him. He is growing fast enough as it is and with him being gone, it seems like I miss so much more. All I want to do is hold him, I want to cuddle him and just be together. However, he has very different plans in mind. It seemed like his first sentence after arriving was, "Where is my DS?" All of our subsequent conversations have been of him displaying his disappointment in knowing that his beloved game won't be back from the repair man for at least another few days.

But let me tell you, there is absolutely no better feeling than having him yell out "Mom, I love you" just because he feels like saying it. It felt like this week away from him would never come to an end. I have felt like a piece of who I am has been missing, but am now whole. Our family is once again complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment