Monday, January 17, 2011

Thoughts from the treadmill

Happy Monday everyone! (I am sounding much more enthusiastic than I am feelin' on this Monday morning) Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good, got some quality time in with my boys. What else could a girl want, huh? Well, yesterday morning I was planning on getting up at 5:45 to run before getting ready for church. As you can probably guess, that did not happen. My bed was just too darn warm and comfy for me to even entertain the thought of getting out of it before I absolutely HAD to. So...there I dozed until 6:45 when the day was forced to begin. I went on with my day feeling relatively low on the guilt scale for not running. My thought process was that it was Sunday for goodness sake! A girl needs a day off! BUT, then I realized that if I didn't get a run in at some point then I would be getting up at 4am this morning to squeeze one in before work. So at around 7:30, I put on my gear and trudged my booty to the basement for a date with the mill.

I knew I would need some motivation as I was missing bath time with Lane and the oh-so-loved snuggle time before bed. I decided to throw on my running jersey shirt from the Marathon to hopefully help my legs do there thing. Luckily for me, it seemed to help. As I was running, I replayed a lot of the race in my head and actually found myself being motivated to buckle down and get it done. It is amazing how I went from running 26.2 miles to struggling just to finish 3. Even though I am NO WHERE near where I want to be on my running scale, I was proud of finishing strong. The art of running is a constant thing. If you stop, you lose what you gained. I am easing my way back into mileage. In time, I know I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment