Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Goosebumps Moment

Yesterday, while driving home from my parents with Dave and Lane, I had a goosebumps moment as Lane was jabbering away in the backseat. Out of no where, he blurted out that he loves God and Jesus and talks to them all the time. He said that when he has a problem, he can talk to God and he will help him. Example: if he is having trouble writing the letter "g" God will throw him down a pencil and he can write it correctly :) (So sweet!)

He said that he loves everyone and everything because we are all made by God and that He is all around us. This conversation left me with my mouth open in awe at the wisdom coming from my little guy. It seemed like all of a sudden a light switched on and he GOT IT! He knows that we are here because of our Lord and he knows that he has a path to follow to reach him. He even went as far as to say he wanted to restart prayer time before bed. This was something I had done for quite awhile until he said he didn't want to pray before bedtime anymore. That made me sad, but I didn't want to force him to do it. I guess I always hoped that the need would come back. I was overjoyed inside when it did. What a blessing that was!

No comments:

Post a Comment