Thursday, January 13, 2011

Skinny Bitch



A coworker of mine has let me borrow the book Skinny Bitch, by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. For anyone needing a kick in the pants to jump start their weight loss or to simply being thinking about the food that they eat, should definitely pick it up! It is filled with blunt, honest, and sometimes harsh comments that definitely get a gal to think about what she is putting in her pie hole.

The first chapter deals with giving up certain foods or habits that prevent a healthy lifestyle. Here are a few.
-stop smoking
-don't drink to get wasted
-no pop
-no coffee (I am crying inside)
-stop running to the pharmacy every time you get a sniffle. They state that your body has what it needs to get you better, you just gotta be patient. (This is something I will need to work on. I love me some meds when I am feelin' icky)
-give up the crappy food!
-get your arse movin'! How many couch potatoes are skinny?

I was lucky when reading this chapter that I am not having to give up much on the list. But it really did make me think about what is in the things that I eat and how laziness can effect my health, both mentally and physically.

Now, 12 more chapters to go until I'm one of the "skinny bitches"

*Before I go, I want to express that my whole goal here is not to lose a ton of weight, but rather get healthy and more conscious of the foods that I eat. This type of thing might not be for everyone. Hell, it might not even be for me! The next chapters pertain to carbs and sugar. That right there might make me burn the book all together!*

3 comments:

  1. A lot of people have been recommending this book...I might have to read it!

    I'm the opposite on the meds...I rarely, if EVER take anything for illnesses unless its a migraine. I HATE cold medicines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are doing pretty good at knowing what we are eating and also taking a proactive approach to teaching Lane good eating habits. We make a lot from scratch or at least as often as we can. We rarely cook from boxes or used processed foods in fact I would say 95% of the time it is from the out side lanes or perimeter of the grocery store. (Fresh meat, seafood, produce, dairy).

    I want us to take it another step and know exactly where it came from..what farm etc. I plan on visiting localharvest.org more often for organics etc.

    ReplyDelete