Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mr. Tude's return

Mr. Attitude has returned! He has returned with a vengence, leaving me exhausted. Yesterday, when picking up Lane, I was met with a scowl and him yelling at me that he didn't want to leave! I'm sorry child, but are you the one who drives the car, makes your dinner, cleans your clothes?? I don't think so bucko! Reluctently and quite loudly, he gathered his belongings, which by the way, he managed to lose his 3rd hat of the winter season, and went to the car. Once situated, I asked him why he was so angry. He responded that he just started watching Brendon play his DS and pretty much the world was ending because he was asked to leave. The things that he flips out about sometimes leave me with my head shaking in confusion. He continued his tantrum on the way home which correlated to a timeout that he didn't agree with. While pulling into the garage, he told me that he wished he was an adult so he could do as he pleased. He then continued to sit in the car for several minutes until he could come inside and act appropriately. I don't allow that behavior in my house, so he had to apologize before moving on. Dave and I are really trying to work with him on the idea that his actions cause a consequence. I think he is finally getting it...a little.

This morning attitude again reared his ugly head with the beloved DS. I told him that he could play it for a few minutes before leaving. But again, once he was asked to turn it off and get his boots on, the yelling and growling began. Ugh! Dave took over with this one and they had a heart to heart which made Lane again realize that his actions and decision dictate how his day will be.

Lets hope he turned it around and has a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment