Monday, February 7, 2011

Surprises, Super Bowl and Mr. Mouse

OOOOH what a weekend I had! Lets start with the surprise part first, shall we? So, my cousin Erica's birthday is this week and my cousin Shawna decided to throw her a surprise party on Saturday. I wrangled myself into the planning by baking the cake and making some snacks. Saturday afternoon I zoomed to Dubuque for the festivities. The look on Erica's face was absolutely PRICELESS!! LOVED seeing her so surprised and excited!! If only Mr. Migrane wouldn't have shown up half way through the night, I would have had no complaints. But since he insisted on invading my head, I was forced to cut my part of the party short and have a date with Excedrin, a dark room and a pillow. :(

Sunday was Super Bowl Day! I must say that this was my first Super Bowl party ever and because of the fun I had, I can't wait until next year! The festivities were held and my best friend Teresa's house. The food and laughter were in abundance! Those are the nights I love, surrounded by amazing friends and laughing until your belly hurts.

Now on to Mr. Mouse...before leaving for the party, Dave and I were in the kitchen making goodies to take with us. From the corner of my eye, I thought I saw something move underneath the cabinets. Sure enough, Mr. Mouse scurried himself across the kitchen and dashed behind the washer! (I have to say that I am QUITE proud of myself for not screaming and jumping on a chair! I simply yelled MOUSE! MOUSE! MOUSE! and pointed like an idiot!) Dave and I tried with no success to hail him from his hiding place. That meant a trip to the store for traps! We set 4. 3 by the washer and dryer an 1 by the microwave, as this seemed to be where he had been feasting on our bread and produce! Let me tell you, finding mouse droppings in my produce basket isn't the most appetizing thought. Because of Mr. Mouse, I had to throw away my favorite little basket and all of our freshly bought produce! GRRR! I had to disinfect the counter tops check our pantry to make sure he wasn't feasting in there as well! Luckily, this morning we had a catch! Poor Mr. Mouse is now peacefully sleeping in the garbage where he belongs. :) By the way, Lane absolutely LOVED the idea of catching a mouse, as his favorite show is A&E's Billy the Exterminator. He said to Dave as he was getting the traps ready. "Dave, we're gonna trap 'em and snap 'em!" He couldn't wait until this morning to see our catch! Have I mentioned lately that I love his excitement for the little things?! :)

Have a happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment